ThailandTeaching.info - Discussion Board & Information Site

This forum is for foreign teachers living and working in Thailand: Up-to-date and relevant posts on teacher licencing requirements, visa and work permit regulations, teaching resources, education news, schools, jobs, stories and many more...

You are not connected. Please login or register

ThailandTeaching.info - Discussion Board & Information Site » Welcome Newbies » QUICK QUESTION

QUICK QUESTION

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 QUICK QUESTION on Fri May 04, 2018 1:03 pm

Templeton

I'm sure there's another area for this question but as it's my first post I thought I'd ask here.

I have a CELTA and two B.A. degrees but they're in psychology and communications.

Just wondering, is it possible to get a teachers license in Thailand or would I have to go back home. I've read plenty of stuff and it seems I need to go home but I'm honestly not certain. I am hoping I can just get one here. I have taught at both public and private schools here in Thailand.

Thanks!

2 Re: QUICK QUESTION on Fri May 04, 2018 3:34 pm

Mike123_ca

Welcome welcome 1

Based on the above provided all you need is a post graduate diploma in Education. It is possible to do your studies here in Thailand. You might have to do a Thai language and culture course, but I don't know if that course is still required.

3 Re: QUICK QUESTION on Mon May 07, 2018 9:46 am

Templeton

Thanks. Where exactly would I study here? Is it something online or would I have to go to a university here? Any info is much appreciated.

4 Re: QUICK QUESTION on Mon May 07, 2018 3:27 pm

Mike123_ca

This is the group that I used to get my post graduate diploma.

5 Re: QUICK QUESTION on Tue May 08, 2018 8:15 am

Templeton

Awesome! Thanks a lot!

6 Re: QUICK QUESTION on Wed May 09, 2018 1:06 am

Sirchai

Deleted, something went wrong and posted in the OP's post.

Last edited by Sirchai on Wed May 09, 2018 1:08 am; edited 1 time in total

7 Re: QUICK QUESTION on Wed May 09, 2018 1:07 am

Sirchai

Mike123_ca wrote:Welcome  welcome 1

Based on the above provided all you need is a post graduate diploma in Education. It is possible to do your studies here in Thailand. You might have to do a Thai language and culture course, but I don't know if that course is still required.                                                                                                                

It wasn't required to do a Thai culture course on how to make Somtham, when I was at Khurusapah last May.   

I've got one from 2008, accredited and another one I'm not sure about, but the lady wasn't interested to see it.                                                                                                           [/quote]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum